When the song is arranged, all the instruments and vocals are tracked and edited, it is time to mix.
Basically, mixing is not wizardry. Set the levels, balance the frequencies, so that instruments dont fight each other, add some effects and there you go. Technically it's like that, but they dont call mixing both science and an art for nothing. A good mix can save a song, breathe life into it, let the listener feel the emotions of the composer.
We will fid out:
- How to prepare for mixing
- What workflows can be used in mixing
- What is stereo field, how to make the mix deeper and wider
- What to to with Delay and Reverb
- What is EQ, compression and saturation
- How to mix in the box or using analog outboard equipment
- How to prepare a thrack for mastering
- Tips and tricks pro mixing engineers use
If you want to learn about mixing, or music production in general, contact us, or fill out the form and we'll set up a free demo workshop!